About Me

My photo
I am a fun loving mom and wife to my wonderful husband, Ted. We were married 25 years ago in 1985. I saw him, and I picked him up. He was wearing a tag that read "AS IS, No Refunds or Returns". I fell in ♥ love and took him home! We have five...count 'em FIVE sons that are going to make some amazing husbands one day! That's because I am trying to teach them the necessities of life and preparing them for the "push" out of the nest when they will learn to fly on their own. Of course, they might not think it's such a great idea to be pushed, until they realize what it is like to SOAR on your own strength! I work at home and maintain my BLOG space as best and regularly as I can! My passion in life is to be a listening ear and gentle answer to those who have been beat up, disillusioned, torn down and tossed away in life. I know the pains that life and other people's choices can bring you, and I also know what you need to "pick you up" when you feel hopeless!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I HATE DRAMA!!! Get me OUTTA HERE!

At the risk of possibly upsetting some of you, I will begin with an apology. The past, uhhm, YEAR has been a whirlwind INTO a ridiculous DRAMA that I am incredibly tired of living. I have decided to type the details on my virtual "paper" so that I can share what everyone is asking, and have some semblance of understanding myself. Part of the symptoms of my anemia are confusion and memory issues, so rather than wonder IF I have included everything and/or everyone necessary I will write it out. Hence, my apology... I am sorry if you do not WANT the details, but this is for me - and those who do.

I will only start with THIS year. We moved in with wonderful friends who basically "carried us" while Ted was getting back to work in Missouri. We've been there since November 2009. On March 25, I had the privilege of signing a new rental agreement for THIS home on the lake and getting our keys - unfortunately, this was done with Ted in Missouri - working. He was not a part of the move, however, we were not wanting for help - I was amazed at the incredible group of servers who showed up and made the move happen very quickly. We moved all in on Friday. I had a showing on Saturday, and then began to pave a pathway through the boxes on Sunday...working day and night, hitting the bed, EXHAUSTED, around 3 a.m. each morning only to begin again in a few hours.

Tuesday night, we all went to bed early (around 10) with good intentions to "get er done" in the next 4 days. That is, get the house staged and ready for Easter when we could "relax" and ENJOY it! At 1:30 a.m. Ted called and said, "I'm hurt" - as many of you know, he fell. They'd eventually told him he had sprained his ankle and would be fine to travel home for the holiday but to return on Monday for work. He was given crutches and sent on his way Wednesday sometime before noon. On Friday, the corporate doc called to say "we think you have a hairline fracture". He drove back on Monday, taking James with him as his nurse, and went straight to work that night in great pain.

Tuesday, he had an appointment with the corporate doc who said he'd likely had a hairline fracture and that he was not going to try and deal with it but referred him to an orthopedic surgeon Wednesday morning. He was told he was fine for light duty, to which he was disappointed because he was in incredible pain. At THIS point, the doc prescribed him some Tylenol with codeine. Wednesday, the ortho came in and didn't even x-ray before saying "You broke your leg too, you must be in excruciating pain You drove to MN like that? NEVER SHOULD HAVE, could have died from a clot!" Then, after confirming with the x-ray, "Get your wife down here, you are NOT going back to work, cannot drive, and SHOULD have had surgery last week - when can we do it?"

You know, then, that I drove down on Saturday so that I could be there with him on Monday when they would fix his leg.

We have battled with workman's comp all the way through. Even to the point of them asking "When and why did you have surgery?" They keep changing what they will and will not cover. Now, they have cut his 2/3 TTD (disability salary while out of work) in half!!! We have just enough to pay our rent and maybe utilities. Ted was released to go HOME on Monday 4/19. FINALLY! We were so happy to be home on Tuesday night and both stared into the vastness of the lake out back.

April 1 we finally were re-instated with our family insurance. To which, Ted immediately said "You're going to the doc!" because we had been asking about some anemic tendencies just prior to coverage lapsing a couple of years prior. I went to the doc on Tuesday morning. Because of my symptoms, she ordered blood work and an ultra sound of my pelvis...the same day. We returned home and got a call saying "Come back, your hemoglobin is 7 and you must be typed and crossed tonight, for a blood transfusion tomorrow!" SOOO, back to the hospital Tuesday night, then home, then back again for 6 hours on Wednesday... all while we are still waiting for ultra-sound results to come).

Today, Thursday, Ted FINALLY got his OVERDUE follow up visit to the doc referred to here in MN. It was a 5 hour trip, and frustrating (because it just seems to be "the way" with workman's comp) but we learned that THIS doc is actually the one who DESIGNED the treatment that Ted got in MO!!! HOORAY! Someone who KNOWS what is going on!!! His cast and stitches were removed and he was put in a boot - now he can shower or bathe and is to begin in 2 weeks to put a little weight on it to hopefully get it to a 90 degree angle. Return visit will be in 3 weeks on May 19 for new x-rays and likely a referral to the therapist who will help him to learn how to walk again. Thereapy will be for 4-6 more weeks at which point he will, hopefully, be ready to return to work.

We got home around 4:30... (we left at 10:30 this morning) and made an early dinner and flopped into bed to relax. I'm feeling more "myself" now, after the transfusion, but I have to wonder if it could still be better.

At 5:30 my results call came.

"You have a 'Fibroid Uterous' and 'Right Fundal' which means you have 2 functional cysts on your right ovary. You have a non-functional mass in/on your uterous which has been there a very long time, and is likely the cause of your other issues. These are always benign. Your B12 was better than I have EVER seen in ANYBODY, but your Iron was terrible. Dr. is recommending that you see an OBGYN. You also need a follow up ultra-sound in 3 to 6 weeks. The next step is to decide what to do. It could be anything ranging from leaving it there to a hysterectomy."

I have a consult with an OB GYN tomorrow morning...

Will I EVER get this house ready???

No comments:

Post a Comment