About Me

My photo
I am a fun loving mom and wife to my wonderful husband, Ted. We were married 25 years ago in 1985. I saw him, and I picked him up. He was wearing a tag that read "AS IS, No Refunds or Returns". I fell in ♥ love and took him home! We have five...count 'em FIVE sons that are going to make some amazing husbands one day! That's because I am trying to teach them the necessities of life and preparing them for the "push" out of the nest when they will learn to fly on their own. Of course, they might not think it's such a great idea to be pushed, until they realize what it is like to SOAR on your own strength! I work at home and maintain my BLOG space as best and regularly as I can! My passion in life is to be a listening ear and gentle answer to those who have been beat up, disillusioned, torn down and tossed away in life. I know the pains that life and other people's choices can bring you, and I also know what you need to "pick you up" when you feel hopeless!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happyyyyyyyyyy

I know, lately, it seems my posts have all been pretty negative. I don't mean for them to be. I am believing for the best. The wonderful weather here and the kind and friendly staff at the hotel are helping to pass the time. It's just so hard to watch someone you love be in so much pain and not be able to help. I KNOW that he'd be happier at home. That's what we're shooting for!

All the posts of love and prayers mean SO much. Thank you to everyone who is posting, praying, and offering help. We are sooh blessed with an incredible extended family - across the United States! 

This whole "Workman's Comp" thing is keeping me guessing too - I'm a pretty organized, figure-it-out and make-the-best kind of person, but it is frustrating and unsteadying to be waiting on someone else to tell you what you can and cannot do. We have attempted several times since Monday to reach "the appropriate person" but no one is calling back. THAT raises some concern! The other piece, is that when we do something we are told, i.e. get a simple prescription, we are met with "...we don't take workman's comp" - which means that everything is coming out of our own pocket. Not so easy to relax when you are forced to spend money you should be using to take care of your basic needs on the unexpected. "We'll be re-imbursed" I'm told... okay, when?

Today I am sitting at the table in our room-looking over my sleeping patient-out onto the sunny parking lot and wishing I could get him out there. Don't think he'll like it much when I make him use the crutches for the next "trip" to the bathroom!

The sign at the front desk says thunderstorms tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment