About Me

My photo
I am a fun loving mom and wife to my wonderful husband, Ted. We were married 25 years ago in 1985. I saw him, and I picked him up. He was wearing a tag that read "AS IS, No Refunds or Returns". I fell in ♥ love and took him home! We have five...count 'em FIVE sons that are going to make some amazing husbands one day! That's because I am trying to teach them the necessities of life and preparing them for the "push" out of the nest when they will learn to fly on their own. Of course, they might not think it's such a great idea to be pushed, until they realize what it is like to SOAR on your own strength! I work at home and maintain my BLOG space as best and regularly as I can! My passion in life is to be a listening ear and gentle answer to those who have been beat up, disillusioned, torn down and tossed away in life. I know the pains that life and other people's choices can bring you, and I also know what you need to "pick you up" when you feel hopeless!

Friday, March 19, 2010

...my journey continues

A dreamer, yes... but I have also been blessed, on many occasions to walk in the promised land of living out my passion of loving people to life. The promised land, to me, has been when God allows those "divine appointments" as some would call them. Those random chance meetings with people - sometimes strangers - that you feel deeply about and desire to show them something new,  maybe just something small, but a tool that they can use to move one step further. It motivates, it encourages... and it performs, if given the chance!

Bruce Wilkinson, in his book "The Dream Giver" also points out how when Moses and Joshua led the Israelites out of Egypt, there was a pattern that typically played out. I have seen it to be very true in my own life as well. I offer this tool to you. Maybe it will also encourage you to not give up on your Dream. When difficulties and hurdles seem to be everywhere you look, press on. Keep the faith! Faith is the evidence of things HOPED FOR and things UNSEEN! KEEP THE FAITH!!!

  • Become aware of your personal Dream or calling, and decide to pursue it.
  • Face your fears as you leave your "place of comfort".
  • Be ready, you WILL face opposition from those around you (mostly due to their own fear!)
  • When you endure the season of difficulty and hurdles, press on -- this will test YOUR faith.
  • You begin to learn and realize the importance of surrender and consecration to God.
  • Giants WILL COME, and you must fight them. They will stand between you and the fulfillment of your Dream.
  • You will reach your full potential, achieve your dream, and bring honor to God - The Dream Giver!
Years and years and years of my life have been cycled in this way as well. I can totally agree. Let your anger, disappointment, frustration, all be directed in the right place. Let it make you more determined than ever to FIGHT and reach your Dream. When you encounter hurts, pains, trials, hurdles... allow them to make you stronger for the road ahead - the NEXT time they come, it's a little easier to get through them! The moment you recognize them as only a "season" in your life, is the moment you turn the corner and are on your way out. There is something about recognizing it that helps you to "dig in" and get through. As a believer, I thank God for the challenges that make me stronger - they build character - and draw me even deeper in my relationship to my Creator!

No comments:

Post a Comment