About Me

My photo
I am a fun loving mom and wife to my wonderful husband, Ted. We were married 25 years ago in 1985. I saw him, and I picked him up. He was wearing a tag that read "AS IS, No Refunds or Returns". I fell in ♥ love and took him home! We have five...count 'em FIVE sons that are going to make some amazing husbands one day! That's because I am trying to teach them the necessities of life and preparing them for the "push" out of the nest when they will learn to fly on their own. Of course, they might not think it's such a great idea to be pushed, until they realize what it is like to SOAR on your own strength! I work at home and maintain my BLOG space as best and regularly as I can! My passion in life is to be a listening ear and gentle answer to those who have been beat up, disillusioned, torn down and tossed away in life. I know the pains that life and other people's choices can bring you, and I also know what you need to "pick you up" when you feel hopeless!

Thursday, March 04, 2010

SOLD!!


So, here's the thing... I have been staging and home managing for three years. Many of you know this about us already...when we moved in October, we left the company we were staging for, because we could not find another, and were in financial straights.

In December, the 14th exactly, Ted got a call for work after having been off for almost 18 months. It was bittersweet. We were happy that he had work, but sad that we would have to part, for an undetermined time. He is still gone.

In the meantime, I still LOVE to re-purpose, re-design, re-stage, and re-arrange. It makes one feel so GOOD and gives a newness to an old situation.

So, while on one of my trips to meet Ted halfway, I was "iced in" due to a major ice storm. During that week, I decided to use the time to help out my aunt and uncle who were thinking about selling their house. They'd had a realtor come and see it and give some feedback. He said there was a lot to be done...they told him what I do and he thought that would be great -- so here we go!!

It was a bit of a challenge, because most of the stuff was "well used" and there wasn't any money to purchase new things. But I was determined to make it "new"...if only to help THEM enjoy it and feel better.

The realtor loved the changes, and called to say he had someone he wanted to show it to. The call came on Friday...showing on Saturday... AN OFFER WAS MADE ON SUNDAY, and the house wasn't even listed yet!!! So, does STAGING SELL HOMES???

YES INDEED!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:52 PM

    Good job. You are gifted and God will make room for it for you. You are such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete