About Me

My photo
I am a fun loving mom and wife to my wonderful husband, Ted. We were married 25 years ago in 1985. I saw him, and I picked him up. He was wearing a tag that read "AS IS, No Refunds or Returns". I fell in ♥ love and took him home! We have five...count 'em FIVE sons that are going to make some amazing husbands one day! That's because I am trying to teach them the necessities of life and preparing them for the "push" out of the nest when they will learn to fly on their own. Of course, they might not think it's such a great idea to be pushed, until they realize what it is like to SOAR on your own strength! I work at home and maintain my BLOG space as best and regularly as I can! My passion in life is to be a listening ear and gentle answer to those who have been beat up, disillusioned, torn down and tossed away in life. I know the pains that life and other people's choices can bring you, and I also know what you need to "pick you up" when you feel hopeless!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

I love you...


Happy Valentine's Day!

Today, not unlike any other, is Sunday. But today, is Valentine's Day. It comes but once a year, and poses as a "reminder" to some, that it is time to re-iterate and show your love to someone special or several "someones".

It is a time to focus on what is really important... things, or people?

I am not a "flower" girl, although it is sure nice now and then when my husband shows up out-of-the-blue with a single rose, or, if he didn't spend a fortune, a bouquet... but, even more meaningful to me -- his heart. I have also taken the same initiative with my kids...one day, they will appreciate really knowing what is in my heart, the value in it changes with time... yet, remains - PRICELESS!

We are not wealthy, financially, so some time ago, we bought leather bound journals for each other. These journals go with us everywhere. In a moment of longing, or passion, or love... or just "thinking about you"... we are committed to take out our journal and write, from the depths of our heart -- and re-iterate what we think the other should just "know"...our love. I have also taken the same initiative with my kids...one day, they will appreciate really knowing what is in my heart, the value in it changes with time... yet, remains - PRICELESS!

This journal doesn't fade or die with time, and at any moment I can take it out to remind me of what we have spent so many years working on...and why. Flowers fade and die... the words in this book, I NEVER grow tired of reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment