About Me

My photo
I am a fun loving mom and wife to my wonderful husband, Ted. We were married 25 years ago in 1985. I saw him, and I picked him up. He was wearing a tag that read "AS IS, No Refunds or Returns". I fell in ♥ love and took him home! We have five...count 'em FIVE sons that are going to make some amazing husbands one day! That's because I am trying to teach them the necessities of life and preparing them for the "push" out of the nest when they will learn to fly on their own. Of course, they might not think it's such a great idea to be pushed, until they realize what it is like to SOAR on your own strength! I work at home and maintain my BLOG space as best and regularly as I can! My passion in life is to be a listening ear and gentle answer to those who have been beat up, disillusioned, torn down and tossed away in life. I know the pains that life and other people's choices can bring you, and I also know what you need to "pick you up" when you feel hopeless!

Monday, February 15, 2010

...time to go ...what next?

SIGH... back to my "ho hum"...

This has been a fantastic "weekend"! I arrived on Thursday afternoon. It was almost 40 degrees and I found I was comfortable without my coat! That was very short lived ...I brought the cold and snow with me...

Getting here, I felt like Cinderella going to the ball... we hadn't been together for three weeks except for webcam and email. The simple act of touching when we kissed, was exhilarating. I'd had no idea how much I missed it, and him. We've gone to church, to visit old friends we haven't seen for 15 years, to the movie "Dear John", dinner via the kindness of other friends to the SmokeHouse BBQ...having sampled DELICIOUS "Sweet Corn Nuggets" that I am DETERMINED to conquer myself. Then, a drive to the plant (where he works), to the local ski slope (Hahahahhahaha, that was a laugh!) back to Nebraska Furniture Mart and then to the Legends... fabulous meals for two in the room (made by us), another movie "Valentine's Day" ...Just US ...all leading up to today.

I was to leave today... I am still here because in KC they aren't as adaptable to the cold, snow and wind... four "multi-car pileups" today alone! He called on his way to work tonight...with a little more "upbeat tone" in his voice. It seems there is a very real possibility that a job will be opening up in mid-March back in the cities.... "home"... where he belongs! So we pray, for favor in that or another position back in MN.

I hold you military spouses in the highest respect! I did before, but now have a very different understanding of just what it takes to be away from each other... HERE, HERE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment