About Me

My photo
I am a fun loving mom and wife to my wonderful husband, Ted. We were married 25 years ago in 1985. I saw him, and I picked him up. He was wearing a tag that read "AS IS, No Refunds or Returns". I fell in ♥ love and took him home! We have five...count 'em FIVE sons that are going to make some amazing husbands one day! That's because I am trying to teach them the necessities of life and preparing them for the "push" out of the nest when they will learn to fly on their own. Of course, they might not think it's such a great idea to be pushed, until they realize what it is like to SOAR on your own strength! I work at home and maintain my BLOG space as best and regularly as I can! My passion in life is to be a listening ear and gentle answer to those who have been beat up, disillusioned, torn down and tossed away in life. I know the pains that life and other people's choices can bring you, and I also know what you need to "pick you up" when you feel hopeless!

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Random Acts...

"If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself." ~James 2:15-17

How "relevant" is this scripture in our world today? When I read this...I can immediately think of several people who would qualify as "in need"...how about you? How many people do you KNOW that are in need? Why is it that Random Acts are in many of our minds as something you do for strangers? Only a few verses earlier we are told "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," my neighbor is right next door...someone I may know closely.

How can I meet a need? I must first take the time to learn what is needed. If I am so absorbed in myself and my issues I will not be able to see when God is giving me the opportunity to do a Random Act and meet a need. Even if I am in need, there is always SOMETHING that I can do for someone else. Find a need and fill it today ~ Put legs to your faith... bring it to LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment