About Me

My photo
I am a fun loving mom and wife to my wonderful husband, Ted. We were married 25 years ago in 1985. I saw him, and I picked him up. He was wearing a tag that read "AS IS, No Refunds or Returns". I fell in ♥ love and took him home! We have five...count 'em FIVE sons that are going to make some amazing husbands one day! That's because I am trying to teach them the necessities of life and preparing them for the "push" out of the nest when they will learn to fly on their own. Of course, they might not think it's such a great idea to be pushed, until they realize what it is like to SOAR on your own strength! I work at home and maintain my BLOG space as best and regularly as I can! My passion in life is to be a listening ear and gentle answer to those who have been beat up, disillusioned, torn down and tossed away in life. I know the pains that life and other people's choices can bring you, and I also know what you need to "pick you up" when you feel hopeless!

Friday, February 12, 2010

...I WILL CHANGE!!!

So, here I am... I made the long haul to Kansas City, MO...and I did it all by myself! At the advice of a friend, I went to my local library, got a couple of audio books and headed South! It was actually a rather soothing time. A.L.O.N.E. I can't remember when I actually TOOK time alone, and focused... just to do something for ME. It was very nice.

I had taken an "evaluation quiz" online at one point...to see "where I fit best" or what would be my best "career move"... and it has me thinking, about change. Change that I need to make in my own life. About how other people must "read" me when I make comments and such. I don't like what I have realized. I am so negative and hard on MYSELF. I almost INSTANTLY "hear" the negative in any remark, comment or advise given to me. So, I am changing. I WILL CHANGE!!! I am working on it. I've posted the link to the quiz, if you wish to take it. Here are MY results:

YOUR LEAD ROLE

CARETAKER

You begin by asking:

Caretaker

'Is everyone okay?'

You are acutely aware of everyone else’s emotional state, particularly if you sense they are feeling hurt or slighted. You are instinctively inclusive, always looking for ways to draw others into the circle and make them feel wanted, heard, and appreciated.

Your best quality:
Your open heart

Always:
Be willing to ask people for favors in return

Be careful you:
Don’t get so consumed with other people’s feelings that you forget your own

Your smartest career move:
Any job where you’re paid either to play on a team or lead the team.


YOUR
SUPPORTING ROLE
EQUALIZER


Equalizer

You begin by asking:
'What’s the right thing to do?'

You are sensitive to how everything in the world is connected, how movement in one part of the world causes everything else to move as well. Alive to this inter-connectedness, you feel compelled to keep everything aligned.

Your best quality:
Your innate sense for what is right

Always:
Lead with your values

Be careful you:
Don’t become too obviously defensive when your values are challenged

Your smartest career move:
Any job where you’re paid to speak up for people who’ve been wronged.

No comments:

Post a Comment